08 October, 2010

Fan Mail Motivation

 
Today I take a break from recipes, to give a shout out to my fans. Although this list is short for now, I like to focus on the quality and not the quantity. On those nights when I am just not feeling it and I want to throw my hands up and order take out (yes, this does happen); I think about the fans. 

One of my biggest blog fans is my Aunt Kitty. She continues to offer great feedback that motivates me to ‘keep on keeping on’.


One of Aunt Kitty's favorite Simple Plates is the "Egg and Tomato Toast" http://simpleplates.blogspot.com/2010/07/egg-tomato-toast.html

On a regular basis Aunt Kitty saunters over to her local café and demands (requests) they create this toast for her. After a couple months of this, she sent me the email below letting me know that “We are famous”. The owner has decided to add Aunt Kitty’s breakfast and my Simple Plate to the menu.   
Aunt Kitty's Original Email:   So I'm having my usual Friday morning breakfast with my friends at the BirdMan Coffee & Books when the owner comes to me with a new menu.  "I hope you don't mind," she says, "but on my new menu, I've added your breakfast special.  I changed it a little.  Instead of using the sourdough bread, I found these great low-calorie bagels that are thin so I made it a breakfast sandwich.  Can I call it 'The Kitty Cat Special'?" Here's a picture of it, and it was delicious this way, too! She's going to offer it both ways!  Yay, you!



How exciting! First stop: Simple Plate makes the menu in St. Francisville, Louisiana.
Next stop: Famous food blogger extraordinaire. Thank you all for your support.