03 December, 2012

Bagel Sandwich

Anybody out there have excess cream cheese laying around their house due to the holidays? I do. My husband found cream cheese on deep discount when he was shopping ingredients for his Thanksgiving cheesecake. Now I am not your "eat cream cheese everyday in every dip or every casserole you can pin on Pinterest" kinda girl. But when something is in my fridge, I do feel a certain obligation to use it. Enter the bagel sandwich weekend phenomenon. There are so many variations of this sandwich it makes my head spin and the corners of my mouth turn into a smile.
I would love to hear your creative bagel sandwich ideas. Send them to me.

Salmon & Arugula Sandwich (serves 2)
2- Nature's Own 100% Wheat Thin Sliced Bagels
4-5 oz leftover grilled salmon
cream cheese
red onion, thinly sliced
handful of arugula tossed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper
Toast bagel and spread with a generous amount of cream cheese, add salmon, top with red onion and arugula.

Roast Chicken, Cranberry & Arugula Sandwich (serves 2)
2- Nature's Own 100% Wheat Thin Sliced Bagels
4-5 oz leftover roasted chicken (or turkey)
cream cheese
cranberry sauce (yep, straight out the can is how Mr. SP likes it)
handful of arugula tossed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper
Toast bagel and spread with a generous amount of cream cheese, top with cranberry sauce, roast chicken, and arugula.