29 November, 2012

Simple Salmon Grilling Marinade

All I want for Christmas is a simple "go to" salmon marinade for grilling.  Every time I decide on salmon for dinner I end up spending too much time looking up my favorite food blogs, browsing Pinterest, and searching Google. What did I do last time? Why can't I remember and why didn't I write it down? Well, no more! I am going to blog about it for all the world (or a handful of readers) to see. Now next time I grill salmon I can search my own blog. And wasn't that the reason I started this blog in the first place? Oh, you thought it was for fame and fortune. Nah, that just happened.

Grilled Salmon Marinade
(marinates about 1.5 pounds salmon)
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
Marinade salmon for at least 30 minutes and then put on grill (estimate 350-400 degrees) for 20 minutes. It's the right blend of salt and garlic with a small hint of maple.

I failed to get a picture of the salmon.

So instead I will share a picture of the adult "Elf on The Shelf" that Mr. SP and I call "Wino on The Counter". Last year our nephew gave us a Santa suit to dress up our wine. We are waiting to wake up and find him hanging from the chandelier.