17 January, 2013

Avocado Salad


I struggled a little when deciding if this dish deserved a post.
And then I glanced at the top of my blog and saw this:
sim·ple/ˈsɪmpəl/[sim-puhl] –adjective- not elaborate or artificial; not complex
If "simple" didn't deserve a post, this blog wouldn't exist.

If I were stuck on an island and I could only have one food item with me, it would be a toss up between avocados or popcorn. The avocado wins since it has more calories and contains monounsaturated fats, potassium, fiber, and vitamins B, E and K. I could go on and on about my love affair with the avocado but I will spare you and share the easiest side dish you will ever serve.


Avocado Salad
(serves two as a side dish)
one avocado
salt and pepper
balsamic vinegar
olive oil
 
Slice avocado in half and remove the pit. Leaving the avocado in its skin, run a knife lengthwise through the avocado and then run the knife in the opposite direction. Your avocado should be diced but still in tact in the skin. Add a dash of salt and pepper to the avocado and then fill the middle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.