08 January, 2013

Hit Reset w/ Tilapia and Garlic Snap Peas

Welcome to the New Year of 2013!!
I apologize for my late arrival but I have been busy pressing the "reset button". You know that button you wish you had to get you back on track after much holiday indulgence.  I will never beat myself up about more time cuddling on the couch with family and less workouts during the holidays. And I would never curse myself for enjoying lots of rich and comforting holiday brunches, lunches and dinners topped off with some sugar on top. But once January rolls around, I will expect myself to push that "reset button". My reset consists of more active time and less couch time and refocusing on my intake of fresh fruits, veggies and natural food. So if your reset or resolutions look something like that you might enjoy these recipes.
Topped Tilapia (serves 2)*
1 tilapia fillet
10 white button mushrooms, finely diced
1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
1/4 red onion, finely diced
1/2 tsp dried oregano
3-4 tbsp bread crumbs
3-4 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
Add olive oil to a skillet and turn to medium heat. Saute veggies for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and combine with oregano, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and Parmesan. Gradually add olive oil until mixture sticks together. Sprinkle a dash of salt and pepper and drizzle the tilapia with olive oil. Spread the mixture evenly over the fillet. Bake for 25-30 minutes in 400 degree oven.
*This recipe comes from a stuffed mushroom recipe I use that always results in leftover stuffing. The amounts in the recipe are estimated to the best of my knowledge. You may end up with a little more or less than you need or want.

Garlic Sugar Snap Peas (serves 2-3)
8 oz sugar snap peas
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
canola or olive oil
salt
Add oil to a skillet and heat on high. Add peas and saute for 2-4 minutes. Add garlic, stir and remove from heat.