18 May, 2012

Salsa Friday!



Happy Friday friends! Today we dance. And we make salsa.
The variations of salsa are endless and the uses are infinite.
Brighten up fajitas.
Pile on top of burgers.
Stir into pasta salads.
Scoop up with a chip.
Spice up your eggs.
Somebody stop me! No, Don't.

Corn and Black Bean Salsa
(makes about 6-8 cups)
7 Roma tomatoes
4 ears of corn, cut off of cob
2 green bellpeppers
1/4 red onion
1/4 white onion
2 jalapeno's
1 14 oz can black beans
1/4 cup cilantro
juice of 2 limes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp garlic



Dice veggies*, add beans, cilantro, lime juice, salt, cumin and garlic. Add more salt, cumin and garlic to taste if necessary. Refrigerate for about an hour and let flavors fuse before serving.

*I cheated and used this nifty little dicer thingy at the bottom of the picture. I got it from Williams-Sonoma and rarely use it except for salsa. It saves alot of time and the uniform dice is beautiful as you can see in the top picture. I apologize I do not have a picture of the salsa and my excuse is that we ate it too fast. Believe it.