12 July, 2012

Dance: Two years of Simple Plates


A few years ago I decided to celebrate birthdays by stepping out of my comfort zone. Two years ago I started this blog on my birthday. One year ago I moved across country so everything was uncomfortable. And this year I chose Zumba.  Zumba is a fitness class that involves dance moves and the ability to make a normally confident person feel awkward. Zumba is also a fitness class that taught me a couple life lessons:

When you miss a step, improvise until you can catch up.
If you try something that makes you smile and laugh and sweat;  do that something again.

Here are a few favorites from SP year two with promises of more to come:
Best Holiday or Group Recipe: Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
Most searched on Google: Creative Leftovers
Family Favorite: Grilled Pork Chops
My Favorite: Stuffed Peppers
Best Picture: Mango Salsa

Thank you to everyone for all of your support and feedback. Do you have a favorite Simple Plate?
Leave us a comment, share it on Facebook or post to your Pinterest board.