06 August, 2012

Greek Pizza

SP Tip: Never ever leave a restaurant without your leftovers in a box. You can always, always  make another meal out of those leftovers. I promise!

Chops before they were turned into pizza.
I was recently treated to a night out with some friends at their favorite local restaurant. They recommended the lamb chops and while I would normally go for fish, I went for the lamb. I tell you this story not to brag, but to highlight the pizza that we made the next night with our leftover lamb chops. The recipe calls for sun dried tomato pesto and I am proud to say I followed this recipe and am so glad I did. The pesto was perfect for this pizza and its ingredients. If you are not in the fortunate position to be taken out to a fabulous dinner with lamb chops on the menu, don't fret. I think chicken would work really well on this pizza. (normally I am not a fan of chicken on pizza). I also think it would be a very tasty pizza with just veggies.

Lamb Chop Greek Pizza
No picture attached because this pizza was literally devoured.

Stay tuned this month for more even more restaurant leftover makeovers.