06 January, 2012

Spinach Turkey Goddess Wrap

2011. Yep, it's a wrap. By now we have all celebrated it or have bid it good riddance and started focusing on 2012. We love a new year. It makes us feel so fresh, so clean, so positive. Something about turning that calendar to January makes us feel like we can start our whole lives over if we wanted to. Or perhaps just clean up some things and set some new goals. As you might remember from my January 2011 post, I am passionately against setting New Year's resolutions with the word diet involved, the phrase "lose 20 pounds", or the promise to work out until exhaustion every day. However, I am a huge supporter of making new goals and aiming to add healthy habits into our everyday lives.

If I had to guess, I am sure alot of us are aiming to eat "healthier" in 2012 so I am posting an idea for an easy lunch to take to work. The easiest way to eat healthier is to take control of your ingredients. The wrap is a very simple and versatile lunch in which you can mix and match your favorite greens, salad dressing or condiment, protein and veggies into a mobile meal. The wrap below happened because of what was in my fridge and was really basic but ended up being very enjoyable. I can think of so many yummy combinations. What would you put in your wrap?

Spinach Turkey Goddess Wrap
spinach wrap
thinly sliced turkey
handful of spinach
baby Swiss cheese